The transition period following calving is very challenging for high producing dairy cows.
Omni-Bos® P169 is a unique, patented strain of Propionibacterium, which was isolated from the rumen of a lactating dairy cow. This P169 strain was selected for its ability to produce high levels of propionate, which is known to improve energy balance.
- Improved energy balance: through increased ruminal propionate stimulating the production of glucose via gluconeogenesis
- Enhanced lactational performance: through improved metabolic efficiency in transition and early lactating dairy cows
- Increased dairy efficiency: through increased milk production and improved milk composition
- Sustainable profitability: through improved energy balance by reducing the risk of developing clinical or subclinical disorders and thus leading to increased milk production.
- Proven in use: Backed by robust research demonstrating positive results